Earn your MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 or MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification between May 1 and June 30, 2016, and get a free upgrade exam for MCSA: SQL Server 2016 or MCSA: Windows Server 2016.
Saturday, June 4, 2016
VMware Identity Manager can act as an identity platform or it can federate identity from other identity platforms such as ADFS, Okta or another SAML platforms. This is how it works:
- A user browses to the vRealize Automation home page
- The unauthenticated user is redirected to VMware Identity Manager which has been configured as identity management platform
- If the browser does not already have a session established with VMware Identity Manager the user is redirected the customer's identity platform
- The customer enters in their credentials into the 3rd Party identity platform
- A SAML assertion is generated by the identity platform and passed to vIDM
- VMware Identity Manager generates an OAuth2 token and passes it to vRealize Automation
- vRealize Automation validates the OAuth2 token and grants access
This provides organizations with a wide range of options for integrating vRealize Automation into their existing identity management system.