This is a known issue. This issue only occur when all of the conditions in the Symptoms are met.
You do not encounter this issue when:
- The Windows system where your vSphere Client is installed is not configured to group similar taskbar buttons.
- If the virtual machine in which you are launching a virtual machine console does not have an associated snapshot.
To work around this issue, perform one of these options:
- Deselect the option Group similar taskbar buttons:
- On the Windows system running the vSphere Client, right-click the Windows taskbar.
- Click Properties.
- Deselect Group similar taskbar buttons.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Remove the snapshot from the virtual machine whose console is stuck in a minimized state on the Windows taskbar:
- Using the vSphere Client, right-click on the virtual machine and choose Snapshot > Snapshot Manager.
- Remove the snapshot, by choosing to Go To or Delete.